Our Reclaim Thermocouple service provides an opportunity to realize additional value from used precious metal Thermocouples. We will reclaim the precious metal content from your old, out of service Thermocouples and give you instant credit without any refining charges or disposal costs. This one stop service helps offset the price of a new Profile or Control Spike Thermocouple with the additional benefit of minimal supplier transactions and reduced handling. The reclaimed material is measured on a weight basis to provide you with maximum credit value. Product returned to us as intact assemblies helps provide the most accurate identification of materials and alloy separation for maximum credit to you.
Please Contact Us for details on this excellent program.
We offer comprehensive refurbishment services for used Profile Thermocouples. The high costs associated with a completely new precious metal thermocouple make this an attractive cost effective approach. Although many components and materials will deteriorate or break during normal operation, through a combination of test and evaluation we are often able to salvage component materials. Many thermocouple assemblies can be re-built to like new condition.
All components, including ceramics, wire, quartz (GE 214), and hardware are in accordance to the specifications of OEM furnace manufacturer such as; TEL, Kokusai, ASM, Axcelis, and BTI.
Vulcan’s Quality program ensures that your Profile Thermocouple is thoroughly inspected and tested during every step of the refurbish and calibration service. A typical process is as follows:
- Junctions and connectors are electronically verified for conductivity, integrity, and attachment to the wiring
- Wire is specially annealed which eliminates calibration errors caused by stress or strain.
- Wire is evaluated at high temperature for any in-homogeneity or contamination
- Length, diameter, and configuration of all ceramic parts are examined and documented
- The precise location of each measuring junction is verified
- Components are replaced with new where required
- Tests are conducted to ensure thermocouple meets all original specifications and will give repeatable accurate results when placed back into service
- A calibration report is provided with results traceable to NIST and conforming to current national and international specifications and criteria
We provide a cost estimate in advance of any work. Depending on the estimated cost, you can decide whether to proceed or use a precious metal credit towards a new assembly.
Our Replace-On-Demand Thermocouple services program is a popular program that allows trade-in of used precious metal Thermocouples for new product without the need of worrying about credits or other supply transactions. Reduced lead times are another benefit.
This simple program eliminates the variable costs associated with R & R (Refurbish & Recalibrate) programs and the potential lack of homogeneity due to reuse of wire.
Replacement Profile Thermocouple are supplied with a calibration report traceable to NIST and conforming to current national and international specifications and criteria. All components, including ceramics, wire, quartz (GE 214), and hardware are in accordance to the specifications of OEM furnace manufacturer such as; TEL, Kokusai, ASM, Axcelis, and BTI.
As always, we will review your replacement product design and recommend improvements, where applicable.
Please Contact Us for additional details or questions regarding this service.